Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Program
Children with Special Health Care Needs Help Line
1-800-737-3028 (Toll-Free) or Email
A toll-free contact for those living with, caring for, or concerned about a child with special health care needs. Callers can learn about health care programs as well as funding resources available to North Carolina residents.
Topics most often discussed with help line callers include:
- State government services, such as the state's child health insurance programs, NC Health Check (Medicaid) and NC Health Choice.
- Other state and local resources available for children with special health care needs.
- Resources to help pay for medications, medical equipment/supplies, adaptive devices, visits to the doctor, utilities or food.
- Resources to locate providers and specialists.
- How and where to apply for disability income for a child.
- How to find services when relocating to and within North Carolina.
- Information about health care transitions for children and youth with special health care needs.
- Locating funding resources for equipment, medical supplies and medication.
- Assistance with solving problems when help for your child seems out of reach.